The Whole Child Model has had an incredible year, and School-to-School International is thrilled to share the specifics of what we’ve been able to accomplish.
- We were able to host two days of literacy training and two days of numeracy trainings with teachers in the Arusha School District.
- This year, School-to-School International recognized four schools in the Arusha School District to participate in a baseline evaluation. This evaluation covered literacy, numeracy, school management, and student’s social well-being, and results are coming soon.
- The word about the work being done is spreading, as a local education officer was so inspired by the trainings that he asked for permission to use the training materials with teachers in other schools.
- One of the teachers that School-to-School International has worked with, Mr. Augustino Joseph Migire, was named Head Teacher of the Year in the Arusha School District.
- School-to-School International was given awards in teacher training, menstrual hygiene management for girls, and parent/teacher communication strategies by the local district education office.
Check out our full end of year report here. We are grateful for the work we’ve been able to do so far, and are excited to share what’s to come!