Since 2002, School-to-School International (STS) has been working in across the globe to improve education conditions so that every child can succeed in school. Headquartered in Pacifica, California (San Francisco), STS collaborates with host country governments and local and international organizations to fulfill its mission and achieve sustainable results.
STS has highly qualified full-time staff and consultants who provide technical, management, and business development services to clients in three main areas: 1) research and evaluation 2) curriculum and training and 3) policy and planning.
STS is currently providing technical services on projects in nine countries in Africa (Democratic Republic of Congo, Guinea, Ghana, Lesotho, Mali, Morocco, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia), nine countries in Asia (Afghanistan, Cambodia, East Timor, Georgia, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, and Tajikistan), one country in the Middle East (Jordan) and one country in Latin America (Mexico). Funding for projects comes from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the United Nations (UN), and private foundations.
In research and evaluation, STS implements the following activities:
• Curriculum based assessments of student learning outcomes;
• Non-curriculum based assessments of student learning, including oral EGRA (Early Grade Reading Assessment) and EGMA (Early Grade Math Assessment);
• Teacher competency assessments and observations;
• Program evaluations, including impact evaluations;
• Education sector assessments; and,
• Educational research.
In curriculum and training, STS provides the following services:
• Teacher professional development, including pre- and in-service teacher training, training of
trainers, and teacher evaluation;
• Teacher management systems;
• Curriculum and instructional materials development;
• Formative assessment for teachers and students;
• Remedial education for teachers and students; and,
• Content and performance standards for teachers and students.
In policy and planning, STS provides services and implements activities in the following areas:
• Education policy development and reform;
• Girls’ education;
• Health education; and
• Youth development